Must-Dos for Commercial Kitchen Cleaning on a Daily Basis
A commercial kitchen is a high-traffic area that requires special cleaning attention. Whether you own a restaurant, cafe, or other food-related business, maintaining a clean kitchen is critical for the safety of your employees and customers.
When cleaning your commercial kitchen, keep the following points in mind:
1. The kitchen, which includes the stove, oven, grill, and fryer.
2. The area where food is chopped and prepared for cooking.
3. The dishwashing area, which cleans dirty dishes and utensils.
4. The storage area, which houses food and supplies.
A commercial kitchen must be cleaned on a daily basis to ensure the safety of those who work in it. All grill, griddle, range, flattop, and fryer surfaces must be cleaned, as well as the walls. The foil lining on the tops of ranges, grills, and flattops should be replaced on a regular basis. Other appliances, such as coffee makers, microwaves, toasters, and slicers, should be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis. Beverage dispenser heads and soda guns should also be cleaned on a regular basis. Finally, all commercial kitchen sinks must be kept clean at all times.
What Should Be Cleaned?
To avoid potential health hazards and to keep your business running smoothly, your commercial kitchen must be cleaned on a daily basis. Here is a list of the most important areas to clean every day:
1. Food preparation areas – all surfaces used to prepare food, such as cutting boards, countertops, and stovetops.
2. Food storage areas – all refrigerators, freezers, and pantries that store food.
3. Cleaning of cooking equipment – Ovens, grills, fryers, and other cooking equipment must be cleaned on a daily basis to avoid cross contamination and ensure food safety.
4. Dishwashing area – To prevent the spread of bacteria and ensure proper sanitation, all dishwashing machines and sinks must be cleaned daily.
5. Floors – Sweeping and mopping all kitchen floors is required to keep them clean and free of debris that can cause accidents.
You will be able to serve customers with confidence knowing that your food preparation area meets all health standards if you implement proper daily cleaning practices.